Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Rumors Are False. I Am Still Alive!

I went over a month without posting? Craziness! Well, life has been kind of crazy I guess. Better than ho hum-ness anyway. Good news is I finally got over my bronchitis. It took a grand total of seven weeks. I have never been down and out like that before in my life. I really don't care to do it again! I did learn several things though that I don't intend to forget. And that is always good. I am now chugging water like crazy. It's really absurd that I wasn't before. I live in the frigging desert for crying out loud. I preach the gospel of hydration to my clients day in and day out. And then what do I do? Drink like one glass a day? Pathetic Brenda. Just pathetic. Anyway, I finally found the trick to make it easier for me. I squeeze a lime wedge into my water. Makes it go down soooo much easier!

I got over my coughing just in the nick of time. We had a family trip to Sedona last week and I got better right on  time for that. It's a good thing cause we did lots of hiking/walking which just a few days sooner would have left me hacking up a lung. So I was very grateful to not have to go through that! We had a such a wonderful time with lots of laughs, bonding and......family drama.    hahahaha    There just always has to be some, doesn't there?  But in the grand scheme of things it was no big deal and we still all love each other. I have to say, Karin's family is so different from mine. I always find it interesting hanging out with them. On the one hand they are so much closer than my family. Yet they have way more drama. I think it's just that they do a better job of expressing themselves while my family just locks it all up inside.

Work has been ridiculous lately. Even more so than normal. Or not. Maybe I just become accustomed to ever increasing levels of ridiculousness. I keep saying that this is the final straw. But that straw keeps shifting to yet another straw. Maybe I am the ridiculous one! I don't know. I keep loving my time with my clients. But I come home with so much bitterness over the background stuff going on that it clouds my perspective. And I'm just going to admit it. I'm getting tired of coming home miserably sore and stiff. For my three days on, I am a wreck. For my first day off I am not up to doing much. Then I enjoy my next three off and then the cycle starts over again. So for over half my life I am sore and cranky. And that's working a mere three days a week! Somehow it just doesn't add up. I need to figure out how to make it work for me.

Karin & I just celebrated our seventh anniversary. This is the anniversary of the date we exchanged rings. We very quietly and privately did this, never thinking that we would have a ceremony. As it turned out, we did end up having a ceremony later on. So in fact, we have two separate anniversary dates. We like to complicate things.   :)    But this is the anniversary that was the true beginning for us, so it has great meaning for us. I wonder if the day will come when we can legally marry and then we will have THREE anniversary dates? How cool would that be? Going for some kind of record!

No comments:

Post a Comment