Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tucson to Zion to Park City to Spokane.....

It's been three and a half weeks since we got back from our road trip and I'm just now getting around to blogging about it. This is evidence of my strong procrastination abilities. But, since Karin just got her new Droid phone today (this is the very first smart phone to come home with us), now would probably be a good time for me to sit down and write my little heart out. She's going to be knee deep in that phone for a loooong time figuring it all out! It will be like I don't even exist.

I love me a good road trip. Yes I do! I like to SEE all that there is to see, not just fly over it. Flying is great when time is of the essence. But I much prefer to wander slowly. This was a great road trip. We covered a whole lot of ground (3,300 miles - Tucson to Washington, on to Montana and then back in just under two weeks!), saw a huge variety of landscapes, met new people and made new connections, had lots of great times with family and most importantly we confirmed our very strong desire to make traveling the country a lifestyle, not just a vacation. The only reason we felt compelled to come home was to get back to our stuff (especially our mattress) and to be with our pets. When you take your home with you on the road, you never have to be away from them.

I won't spend much time discussing details of the trip. There was just too much going on in a short period of time! I will let the pictures speak for themselves. I took about 1,000 shots which I then kept a little under 500 of. So what I'm posting here is a teeny tiny sampling only. Sorting through and editing pictures was a major chore for me when we got home. Lucky for me I enjoy that sort of thing, huh?    :)

I decided to split this into two posts due to being so very picture heavy. The following is the first week more or less.

SCENES FROM THE ROAD- ZION NATIONAL PARK AREA







KARIN - BLENDING IN NICELY WITH THE LANDSCAPE     :)

PARK CITY UTAH


RUN FOR COVER OR NOT?
ME KICKING BACK IN STYLE!

WHAT TO DO WHEN IT'S DRIZZLY OUT? LANCE KARIN'S INFECTED FINGER & SOAK IT!   :)

Not posting much from Spokane. That was all family/wedding/baby shower stuff. It was GREAT; just not of interest to most of you!   :)    We were surprised by how pretty it was there. Loved the river running through downtown, and the setting for the wedding was just gorgeous. 




ME CHILLING WITH NIECE & NEPHEW      :)

I'll cover the second week of the trip next post. Stay tuned!
















2 comments:

  1. Everyone looks surprisingly non-murderous for a road trip! My kids are usually trying to strangle each other in the back seat and at the hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) 3,000 miles! Wow! How much driving did you do each day?

    2) Those photos are great. I particularly like the Zion pics, as they bring back nice (recent) memories.

    It looks like you had a great trip. Looking forward to week #2.

    ReplyDelete