Friday, September 23, 2011

Here We Go!

No...not on the road....not yet! But we are going on an adventure of sorts. Karin & I both read A Complaint Free World and have begun the 21 day challenge (which usually takes much longer to complete I must add). We did great for the first day. Of course we started midday so we'll have to see how a full day goes. But still....a good start! It will be no small challenge. Even though I'm a pretty upbeat person, I didn't have to think too hard to realize the enormity of the task. And complaining isn't the only component of the challenge. Not gossiping is part of the deal too. And while I'm not one to go crazy with that, gossiping in this content means not saying anything about a person that you wouldn't say to their face. Okay....that's a toughie. But I think we're in the right frame of mind for this. We can laugh at ourselves when we open our mouths to speak and then shut them to keep the badness from coming out. It will be comical if nothing else.   :)

Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of XX-day challenges. They're fun!

    Good luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful challenge to take on! I wish you luck and look forward to hearing how this goes. :-)

    x,
    Ayo

    (The comment above must have been from Yair.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw you on Good Luck Duck... haaa - love your blog name.

    I have no problem with "gossiping in this content means not saying anything about a person that you wouldn't say to their face."

    I suffer from hoofnmouthdisease. Complaining? jeez - can't tackle that one ... not as long as we have this Congress and dedicated pie shops in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete