Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's January. Let's Do This!

It's a new year. I've got a new computer. And I'm ready to get back to writing. Thought I'd copy a friend and answer a question a day for 30 days. It's a ready made list of questions. Not sure I'm in love with every single one of the questions so I wouldn't mind someone throwing out one for me if you feel like it. Then I'll have a replacement for the ones I don't like.   :)

First question is what is something you hate about yourself. Well. Let's just jump right in on a positive note, huh? ~smirk~   Thing is, I've been working mighty hard to NOT hate on myself. And doing pretty good if I do say so myself. And now I have to pick something anyway. Let's approach it like this. I'll think about things about myself that I find hard to love.  heeheehee  

Mostly I don't love the fact that I don't speak up for myself often enough. My preference for avoiding conflict leads me to put up with way too much. This has played itself out in most areas of my life but I feel it the most right now at work. It's so bizarre to me to see other people getting into all kinds of trouble because they don't know when to keep their mouths shut. Not that I want that problem, but sometimes it would be nice to not give a damn what anyone thinks and just say it! There is a balance to strike of course. But just stepping onto that middle ground is quite a step out of my own comfort zone.

I also don't love that my belly is waaaaaay fat and that my hair is skinny. But hey, thems the breaks. And the older I get the less I let it bother me.    :)

1 comment:

  1. I have this problem too. ~ oceans voice (cannot figure out how to get it to let me comment as my LJ account)

    ReplyDelete