Friday, August 10, 2012

Oh Serendipity....

So check out this screen shot from my facebook news feed this morning. Anything look familiar??? Like possibly the text right above the picture? Eerily reminiscent of the title of my blog perhaps? Hmmmm...



It kind of freaked me out a little. In a very good way though. I started this blog back in May of 2008. So over four years ago is when I came up with the title. And believe it or not, I'm not accusing GoRVing of stealing anything. Because more than likely we found inspiration from the same source. Or hey it could have been them that came up with it years ago!

Almost nine years ago I was getting counseling while going through a divorce. Part of that included a womens' group meeting where we did various activities, one of which was to go through old magazines and cut out pictures or words that showed what we wanted our future lives to look like and make a collage out of them. One of the things that caught my eye was an advertisement for an RVing organization. The picture was taken inside a motor home but looking out the big picture window onto a to-die-for gorgeous setting. The tagline was "Goosebumps, tingly sensations and butterflies....". Yep. That was exactly how I wanted my future life to feel like! And in strange but true fashion, not only is that feeling what I'm trying to capture, but the RV lifestyle has become our means to that end, though that vision didn't enter our heads until just two years ago. Perfection, huh? 

And just to reinforce how much this sentiment meant to me, I also had it tattooed on  my body about seven years ago. I'm telling ya....you put it out there enough and the universe WILL conspire to make it happen! It's not precisely how I saw it all those years ago but it has taken shape in ways I would not have even have dreamed of on my own. I like that. A lot.   :)   Take a gander at my tattoo.


I'm a believer folks. Your life unfolds as it should when you follow your heart.

2 comments: